Monday, March 20, 2017

Double spread

Me again!

   So let's talk about my double page spread. There are an array of options I have to pick from. The most obvious and most common would be to just to do a story on one of the baseball team's games. As there are an ample amount of games they still have to play and districts quickly approaching it would easily make a good story. However I'm never one to follow the crowd, so I started thinking of other stories I could do.

    In ninth grade I took philosophy and the teacher who taught it also happens to be the Cypress Bay baseball coach. In class one day, Mr.Liotti shared with us his young daughter had been recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. That she had begun chemotherapy, and in honor of her they have started a foundation in her name. The foundation not only raises awareness for her rare form, but its mission is to give back. During especially the Christmas season, Mr. Liotti and his baseball team would collect all the donated gifts, and surprise the children at the hospital with them.

     I have decided to do my double page spread on the foundation and the baseball teams involvement with it. Emphasizing my main purpose for selecting to do a sports magazine in the first place. With community and connectivity we can all come together and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment