Thursday, March 9, 2017

Continuing on

   Well that sense of enthusiasm and direction lasted for all of five seconds. I know I want to do a sports magazine with baseball as my feature but I have no idea what I want to put on the cover. I want to put more of a candid shot rather then a posed one. I think it will be more interesting and speak more to the audience. I have started looking up sports magazines for inspiration.


Image result for baseball sports magazinesI really like the look of this one as it is an action shot of him throwing the ball, and even has a creative feature with the "broken glass." I have a few friends on the Cypress baseball team, so i'm going to have to see which one would be the best to put on my cover.







    I think one of the hardest parts is going to be taking the picture. Because I want it to be candid I know it's going to take many times to get the picture exactly right but I think with patience I can get it. I have been thinking of a few different options for what the shot can be. I can either have the player sliding into base, catching a fly ball, or hitting a ball. I'm leaning more towards catching a fly ball because those types of plays are always on Sportcenter's top ten.
These are my biggest inspirations for the cover photo:

Image result for catching a fly ball in the outfield over the wall            Image result for catching a fly ball in the outfield over the wall               Image result for catching a fly ball in the outfield over the wall

  I am still very unclear of what my masthead will look like. As shown in the photo on the top left, sports illustrated chose to go with just a simple bold one. I have to talk to my partner and get her input, but i want to do something similar.

I'll keep you guys updated!





Sources cited:
"David Price for the Cover of Sports Illustrated Baseball Preview." Houston Tx Advertising Photographer Robert Seale. N.p., 07 Apr. 2013. Web. 14 Mar. 2017./

"If Standing out of Play, Say Falling over the Outfield Fence, and You Reach over the Fence to Grab the Ball, Is That Considered a Homerun? Ground Rule Double? or Live Ball?"Baseball Coaching and Participation, Youth and Amateur, at The Ole Ballgame. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.

Press, Associated. "Kiermaier’s Catch Headlines Rays Win Over Orioles." WANE. N.p., 31 Aug. 2015. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.

"Washington Nationals v Philadelphia Phillies." Getty Images. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.




No comments:

Post a Comment