Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Start Of Something Great

Hi!
My name is Shaina Biggerman and this is where I will share my journey.

   For my Aice media studies project, I had the option to pick either a film opening or a magazine layout. My partner, Emily Fine, and I have decided to do a magazine layout as we both agree we can best showcase our skills from what we learned in class through the magazine!

  The lingering thought of having to express all my feelings and thoughts down in a blog is not something I have been looking forward to, as I am not that type of person. However, it is with change and going outside your comfort zone which evokes a new sense of individualism and growth that can only better my final product. 
   I have been going back and fourth for weeks on what my magazine topic should be and truly want to do something I am passionate about. My initial idea was to do a humanity magazine as I am very concerned and into what's going on in society. I take to heart the ideal we are stronger together. With that said I then looked to sports. Fostered around the American dream, sports has been the symbol of prosperity and connectivity for centuries. I have chosen to do a sports magazine because it is one of the many underlying bricks that build the foundation for our country. I have picked to cover baseball as I have loved it ever since I was little, and as research conveys it has been America's pastime since the 1900's.

   I could not be more excited to do this project, and I hope I can relay that through this blog. I have finally figured out what direction I want to go in, and it's all up from here.


Sources cited:
Chen, Micah. "America's Pastime: 20 Reasons Why Baseball Will Always Hail over Football."Bleacher Report. Bleacher Report, 26 Jan. 2017. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment